S.N. Chuzhinov (JSC «Transneft»), P.A. Novikov (Bàumàn Moscow State Technical University), Yu.V. Larionov (Emergency Situations Research Center OOO)
* The work, results of which are used in the present scientific publication, is performed to order of JSC «Transneft» and with financial support given by the RF Ministry of Education and Science.
STRENGTH ANALYSIS OF A PIPELINE IN THE AREAS OF THE SOIL DRAWDOWN*
Ensuring safe operation of underground pipelines laid in complex engineering and geological conditions is one of the utmost problems of the pipeline transport. Inadequate control of soil changes on the route of the pipeline can lead to serious consequences, including accidents. In order to prevent accidents, it is necessary to identify potentially dangerous sections of pipelines. Areas with soil drawdowns can put oil pipelines at risk when pipelines cross them and deform along with the soil.
Aims and Objectives:
• to estimate main loads and impacts on the pipeline in the areas of the soil drawdown;
• to analyze the stress-strain state of the oil pipeline;
• to examine and estimate the influence of dangerous geological processes on the stress-strain state and the strength of the pipeline’s sections.
Strength calculation of oil pipelines is based on the methods of mathematical modeling when loaded section of the pipeline is seen as spring beam under the action of complex loads.
Computer analysis of the stress-strain state of the oil pipeline was carried out depending on various conditions.
The method of determining the stress-strain state of the oil pipeline presented in the article makes it possible to estimate the structural strength of the pipeline in the areas of soil drawdown.
Key words: main oil pipeline, longitudinal and transverse bending, soil, drawdown, tension.
1. Timoshenko S.P. Soprotivleniye materialov (Strength of Materials). Moscow: Nauka, 1965. T. 2. 485 p.
2. Aleksandrov A.V. et all. Soprotivleniye materialov: uchebn. dlya vuzov (Strength of Materials: Textbook for Universities) / A.V. Aleksandrov, V.D. Potapov, B.P. Derzhavin; pod red. A.V. Aleksandrova. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 2003. 560 p.
3. Aynbinder A.B. Raschet magistralynykh i promyslovykh truboprovodov na prochnosty i ustoychivosty (Design of Main and Field Pipelines for Strength and Stability). Moscow: Nedra, 1991. 287 p.
4. Raschet i obespecheniye prochnosti truboprovodov v slozhnykh inzhenerno-geologicheskikh usloviyakh (Design and Provision of Pipeline Strength under Complex Engineering and Geological Conditions) / A.M. Shammazov, R.M. Zaripov, V.A. Chichelov, G.Ye. Korobkov. Moscow: Inter, 2006. T. 2: Otsenka i obespecheniye prochnosti truboprovodov v slozhnykh inzhenerno-geologicheskikh usloviyakh (Assessment and Provision of Pipeline Strength under Complex Engineering and Geological Conditions). 564 p.
• Chuzhinov Sergey N.
Head of the Department of Main Oil Pipelines and Tank Farms
Russian Federation, 119180, Moscow, ul. Bolyshaya Polyanka, 57
tel: (495) 950-89-31
• Novikov Pavel A.
Bàumàn Moscow State Technical University
Russian Federation, 105005, Moscow, 2-aya Baumanskaya ul., 5
tel: (495) 221-84-01
• Larionov Yuriy V.
Emergency Situations Research Center OOO
Head of Laboratory of Nondestructive Testing
Russian Federation, 109028, Moscow, Podkolokolynyy pereulok, 16/2
tel: (495) 221-84-02