R.S. Denisov (Ufa State Petroleum Technological University)
THE URGENCY OF INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES CREATION FOR PREVENTION
OF PYROPHORIC DEPOSITS IGNITION IN OIL TANKS
In oil production pyrophoric sediments represent a mixture of metal hydrogen-sulphide corrosion products, mechanical admixtures, tarry materials and other ingredients of organic origin. Activity of pyrophoric sediments depends on its content, area of origin and environmental temperature. Porous structure of pyrophoric sediments promotes to its blusterous oxidation. Especial danger is represented by pyrophoric sediments which are saturated by heavy petrochemicals and oils because they bent on self-heating which promotes spontaneous combustion of pyrophoric sediments. Self-ignition is possible in low temperature.
Aims and Objectives
To analyze the pyrophoric sediments influence on the ignition hazard of oil and gas equipment and possible methods and techniques of pyrophoric compounds ignition control. The main tasks of the work are: to find out the origin of pyrophoric compounds and peculiarities of their formation in the oil and gas equipment; to justify the possibility of pyrophoric compounds to ignite during the processes of oil production and treatment; to classify the literature data about the methods and technologies connected with pyrophoric compounds sedimentation and ignition hazard.
The critical analysis of literature data and normative documents.
It was shown, that ion sulphide as a component of oil well product represents the main ignition hazard as the ideal pyrophoric compound. Pyrophoric compounds settle down on the walls of the oil production and refinery equipment and are represented as mechanical mixture of saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons, ion oxides and sulphides and in the case of catalyst loss it could be represented as oxides and sulphides of titanium, nickel and others. The existing normative documents determine the work sequence and methods to prevent the self-ignition. Scientific-technical literatures do not contain any information about the specific chemical agents, preventing the self-ignition of pyrophoric compounds in oil and gas facilities. So, nowadays it is highly relevant to develop such reagents.
Key words: pyrophoric sediments, metal sulphide, oxidation, self-ignition, tank, methods of prevention of pyrophoric compounds sedimentation.
1. Pravila pozharnoy bezopasnosti v Rossiyskoy Federatsii PPB 01-03 (Fire Safety Rules in Russian Federation PPB 01-03) / Utverzhdeny prikazom MChS RF. 18 June 2003, No. 313.
2. Malyshkin V.A. Bezopasnosty ognevykh rabot na deystvuyushchikh gazoprovodakh v usloviyakh obrazovaniya pirofornykh otlozheniy: Avtoref. … kand. tekhn. nauk (Safety of Fire Works on the Operating Gas Lines with Pyrophorous Deposit Formation: Avtoref. … Candidate of Technical Sciences). Orenburg: Orenburgskiy gosudarstvennyy universitet, 1984. 206 p.
3. Boyarov A.N. Mekhanizm formirovaniya i zashchita ot samovozgoraniya pirofornykh otlozheniy v vertikalynykh rezervuarakh: Avtoref. … kand. tekhn. nauk (Mechanism of Pyrophorous Deposits Accumulation in Vertical Tanks and Protection from Their Self-Ignition: Avtoref. … Candidate of Technical Sciences). Ufa, 2010. 129 p.
4. Ripan P., Chetyanu N. Neorganicheskaya khimiya (Inorganic Chemistry). Moscow: Mir, 1972. T. 2. 872 p.
5. Samsonov G.V., Drozdova S.V. Sulyfidy (Sulfides). Moscow: Metallurgiya, 1972. P. 169-190.
6. Vanyukov A.V., Isakova R.A., Bystrov V.P. Termicheskaya dissotsiatsiya sulyfidov metallov (Thermal Dissociation of Metal Sulfides). Alma-Ata: Nauka, 1978. 272 p.
7. Federalynyy zakon No. 123-FZ ot 22.07.2008 «Tekhnicheskiy reglament o trebovaniyakh pozharnoy bezopasnosti» (Federal Law No. 123-FZ dated 22.07.2008 «Technical Regulations of Fire Safety Requirements»).
8. Metodika opredeleniya raschetnykh velichin pozharnogo riska na proizvodstvennykh obyyektakh (Methods of Evaluating Designed Values of Fire Risk at the Industrial Facilities) / Utverzhdena prikazom MChS Rossii No. 404 ot 10.07.2009.
9. Federalynyy zakon No. 116-FZ ot 21.07.1997 «O promyshlennoy ekspluatatsii proizvodstvennykh obyyektov» (Federal Law No. 116-FZ dated 21.07.1997 «About Industrial Operation of Production Facilities»).
Denisov Robert S.
Ufa State Petroleum Technological University
Russian Federation, 450062, Ufa, ul. Kosmonavtov, 1