V.V. Zhuravlyov (Gasprom Dobycha Nadym OOO)
REMOVAL OF CHRISTMAS TREE FROM GUSHING WELL HEAD
Open gas blowout extinction at West Siberia oilfields usually goes by the replacement of the Christmas tree by artillery shoot off. The usage of artillery gun claims for permission and other necessary documentation. Gun and weapon delivery is also complicated by climate conditions and wastes a lot of time. Moreover, usage of artillery gun calls for extraordinary security measures.
Aims and Objectives
To develop the new technology of Christmas tree replacement by means of plasma arc cut of the casing string on fire.
The basis of the innovation is plasma arc cut of the casing string on fire in some place under the Christmas tree. The cutting equipment consists of cutter installed in the shank of shielding cup. Shielding cup is installed on the vertically cross sliding platform. The shank is connected to the plasma arc cutter by extension cord.
Plasma arc cutting of the casing string utilizes exchangeable graphite electrodes. During the cutting process the shank is wet down by firefighting track, all the equipment and staff are wet down by firefighting monitor.
After the Christmas tree is cut off from the casing string and a compact stable gas jet is obtained at the head of the gushing well, further blowout elimination works go on. The practice is much more safe and reliable, in comparison with traditional methods using artillery gun. Removal of the Christmas tree from the head of the gushing well becomes more reliable and safe, the duration of work is reduced, and it is not necessary anymore to cut again the casing string, as is required after shooting to flatten the head.
Key words: gushing well, fire, Christmas tree, casing string, cutting, plasma arc cut, shielding cup, shank, holder, cutting torch, electrode, removal.
1. Oborudovaniye i instrument dlya preduprezhdeniya i likvidatsii fontanov (Equipment and Tools for Blowout Prevention and Elimination) / V.R. Radkovskiy et all. Moscow: Nedra, 1996. 142 p.
2. Chabaev L.U., Kustyshev A.V., Zozulya G.P., Geykhman M.G. Predotvrashcheniye i likvidatsiya gazoproyavleniy i otkrytykh fontanov pri remonte skvazhin v ekstremalynykh usloviyakh Kraynego Severa (Gas Show/Uncontrolled Blowout Prevention and Elimination During Well Repair Under North Extremal Conditions). Moscow: IRTs «Gazprom», 2007. 189 p.
3. Bakeev R.A., Zozulya G.P., Kustyshev A.V., Kustyshev I.A., Urosov S.A., Chabaev L.U., Chizhova T.I. Predotvrashcheniye avariynogo fonta-nirovaniya gazovykh skvazhin i vosstanovleniye ikh produktivnosti // Obz. inform. Ser. «Bureniye gazovykh i gazokondensatnykh skvazhin» (Prevention of Wild Gas Flowing and Restoration of the Gas Well Productivity // Inform. Rev. Ser. «Drilling of Gas/Gas Condensate Wells»). Moscow: IRTs «Gazprom», 2003. 55 p.
4. Kustyshev A.V. Tekhnologicheskiye osnovy slozhnykh remontov gazovykh skvazhin (Engineering Principles of Gas Well Complex Repair). Tyumeny: Izd-vo «Vektor Buk», 2009. 291 p.
5. Pat. 2231627 RF, E 21 B 35/00. Sposob likvidatsii otkrytykh fontanov na neftegazovykh skvazhinakh (Way of Open Gas Flowing Elimination in the Oil and Gas Wells) / L.U. Chabaev, A.V. Kustyshev, N.I. Illyuk (RF). 2002130666; Zayavleno 22.11.02; Opubl. 27.06.04. Byul. 18.
6. Remont neftyanykh i gazovykh skvazhin: spravochnik (Repair of Oil and Gas Wells: Reference Book): v 2 t. / Pod red. Yu.A. Nifontova, I.I. Kleshchenko. Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo ANO NPO «Professional», 2005. T. 1: 914 p.; T: 2. 547 p.
Polozhitelynoye resheniye ot 01.06.2012 po zayavke 2012107207 RF. Ustanovka dlya
udaleniya fontannoy armatury s ustyya fontaniruyushchey skvazhiny (Unit for
Christmas Tree Removal from the Head of the Wild Well) / V.V. Zhuravlev, V.V.
A.V. Kustyshev et all (RF). Prioritet ot 27.02.2012.
Zhuravlyov Valeriy V.
Gasprom Dobycha Nadym OOO
Deputy Chief of Management of Capital Construction
Russian Federation, 629730, Yamalo-Nenetskiy avtonomnyy okrug, Tyumenskiy region, Nadym, ul. Kedrovaya, 8A
tel/fax: (3495) 56-98-07